More notes before we start:
- Style points count. You’ll see that down the list.
- Just a reminder, I’m a ‘What have you done for me lately’ guy, so a team that did great last year but is bowling like dishwater now is not going to be on this list.
- If you’re not in a play-off spot in your district. You’re not making the list.
- While #1 is Tour Stop Play, Team Rankings / WCS / Tournament Results DO count here, because if they do well and a team uses these people in a UBA Tour Stop, then there’s no reason why not to think they will be just as good at a tour stop as they are in a tournament, etc.
- Keep in mind that with over 200 teams competing this season, this list represents less than the top 25% of the UBA. If you’re on here, consider that some kudos.
- This is for fun. Don’t get salty, get motivated.
- I love all feedback, so keep it coming 🙂
So here we go with this week’s rankings….
CURRENT PLAY NOTE: Match Play from April and Pertinent Team Ranking Results.
- Hitmen (354-86 / 1st) (Was 1)
This is the first team to clinch a District. Even if they are to lose a tour stop now, it means nothing and said Hitmen will be staying at the top spot for awhile…
- Outrage (342-98 / 1st) (Was 2)
…Unless another team can also clinch and maybe jump them in points. Few teams can do that, but the defending champions would be one of them.
- Da Garden Foundation (234-126 / 1st) (Was 3)
So would the team that badly wants to go to Battle Bowl and dethrone the champs. Though their road is going to be a lot tougher.
- Impact (289-111 / 2nd) (Was 4)
Can they catch Outrage? They have to take at least 30 when Outrage gets their bye.
- Royal Flush (296-104 / 1st) (Was 6)
Strong nominee for Most Improved Team of the year.
- AC Express (303-97 / 1st) (Was 7)
Another nominee as they have a solid hold on the NJ South. Very close to finishing the job.
- Conspiracy Theory (290-110 / 1st) (Was 8)
The Threory is they are THIS close to clinching their district in the Southeast.
- Spartanberg Savages (239-121 / 1st) (Was 10)
Going 58-22 after taking your first loss will get you back into the Top Ten.
- The Arsenal (279-79 / 1st) (Was 14)
Good teams go 40-0 against teams they are supposed to beat up on and take a 23 point lead in the NENJ in the process.
- BC Crew (256-144 / 2nd) (Was 11)
They benefit from teams above them losing.
- High Octane (296-104 / 1st) (Was 3)
Is their 52 point lead due to them winning or The Rollin’ Rebels taking some really bad losses?
- Reality Check (294-106 / 1st) (Was 18)
Needed these past few wins in a big way.
- G.O.A.T. (259-141 / 1st) (Was 5)
Still in first, but going 1-1 in the double-header doesn’t keep you in the Top Ten.
- Class aXe (256-104 / 1st) (Was 9)
They take their first loss and drop to second while losing. They told me they would be motivated after losing. Well, get motivated.
- Team Matrix (250-150 / 1st) (Was 13)
It’s gonna be a fun ride in the NJ Shore, but they have the advantage of being in first coming down the stretch.
- Usual Suspects (246-114 / 1st) (Was 15)
The only thing that can stop them right now is them not bowling last weekend.
- Lightz Out (269-131 / 1st) (Was 20)
Time to gear up for the last few tour stops.
- Identity Crisis (264-138 / 1st) (Was 21)
2 Months left to go to hold on to the NE North
- Murder Inc. (253-147 / 2nd) (Was 22)
The objective now is to stay out of harm’s way…
- Pocket Kingz (252-148 / 3rd) (Was 23)
Which the Kingz can put them in. Big match coming up.
- Disorderly Conduct (253-147 / 2nd) (Was 37)
Huge wins this past weekend to give themselves an outside chance to shock the world.
- Legacy (242-118 / 3rd) (Was 32)
Two of their last 3 matches are against Class Axe and Arsenal. First place is not out of the question.
- Latino All-Stars (221-139 / 3rd) (Was 35)
Big must-win against Class Axe shoots them up the chart. Can they do more damage?
- Sub-Zero (228-172 / 3rd) (Was 11)
I’ll take Southeast teams that shot themselves in the foot this past weekend for $200, Ken.
- Rollin’ Rebels (244-156 / 2nd) (Was 17)
I’ll take Southeast teams that shot themselves in the foot this past weekend for $400, Ken.
- Motion 2 Strike (226-94 / 2nd) (Was 19)
They hit the Daily Double. In this case, double 10 points per each of the last 2 tour stops.
- New England Heat (296-114 / 1st) (Was 24)
They have a chance to be scorching hot during the next few weeks.
- DC Mafia (235-85 / 1st) (Was 25)
Didn’t fall any more because they didn’t play.
- Philly Horsemen (241-119 / 1st) (was 26)
Wild horses need to be Clydesdales in May
- All In! (233-127 / 2nd) (Was 27)
Still looking up at a horse’s rear in the standings.
- King’s Court (266-174 / 2nd) (Was 39)
That was an ugly win. Like Wilbur in Charlotte’s Web if someone put lipstick on him before the pet show.
- Menace II Society (266-174 / 2nd) (Was 40)
Got the win, but it was the same as King’s Court, so they remain right next to them.
- Rival Alliance (222-138 / 2nd) (Was 28)
Should be fun to see how this unfolds against the Usual Suspects
- Train Wreck (247-153 / 2nd) (Was 29)
Can they derail Team Matrix?
- The Replacements (244-156 / 3rd) (Was 30)
- Wrecking Crew (259-141 / 2nd) (Was 31)
Thin line between first and not making the playoffs in the BQD.
- NJ Drillers (227-173 / 3rd) (Was 33)
Drill, baby, drill.
- Silver Lanes Express (278-162 / 2nd) (Was 34)
Big matches coming up for them also.
- Tribe Called Nest (184-96 / 1st) (Was 35)
Remember at the beginning of the season when I called Tribe Vs. Apocalypse?
- Apocalypse (182-98 / 2nd) (Was 36)
Well lookie here.
- X-It Woundz (234-206 / 4th) (Was 38)
Next 2 matches are HUGE.
- Killerz Grip (232-168 / 3rd) (Was 41)
6 Teams up on Top. 4 get in.
- Auburn Maulers (209-151 / 2nd) (Was 42)
Went to Auburn for the week.
- Magna Carta (269-171 / 2nd) (Was 47)
No wins or losses, so enjoy the stay for another week.
- Voodoo (214-146 / 3rd) (Was 45)
Cast a deadly spell against your enemies this weekend?
- Showtime (212-148 / 3rd) (Was 46)
PA South starts again soon.
- Hot Pockets (242-198 / 3rd) (Was 47)
What sort of filling will they have during their next match?
- Bulletproof (242-158 / 2nd) (Was 48)
They need to stop shooting blanks.
- Project Mayhem (229-171 / 4th) (Was 49)
Mayhem! Next tour stop?
- Most Wanted (254-147 / 3rd) (Was 50
Still in third. Still the most wanted in the 50th slot.
NEXT 5 In: Bounty Hunters, The M.O.B., Kryptonite, The Krakens, Toms River Rats