Now usually, this section is saved for Match-ups we think you’re going to want to see. However, because of the bowling alley shutdown, there’s hasn’t been enough to see anything. BUT now that alleys are starting to open up, it’s time to clear out the cobwebs and start polishing up your bowling bal….equipment. Heh. If you want some ideas on where to bowl or what to watch if you don’t want to go out to bowl, we’d love to give you some.
1. The UBA is not back up and running yet. Any sort of activity that you see going on is not an official UBA event BUT you could see UBA people there. If so, have fun.
2. The Coronavirus has not gone on Summer break, as the numbers of people who are catching this ailment have gone up in certain hot spot states. IF YOU ARE GOING TO GO TO AN ALLEY PLEASE USE ALL PRECAUTIONS AND PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSE USE COMMON SENSE.
And now, time for the top weekend options:
1. Pennsylvania is opening up
In addition to Delaware and South Carolina, PA is starting to open. There will be tournaments on the eastern side of the state or you can go hang out for fun – and of course, go to some of the casinos in either Delaware of PA (yes, they are opening up also).
2. If you prefer, let’s go up north.
Nutmeg Bowl in Connecticut is also opening up, as is Buddies Pro Shop, which is a sponsor of the UBA. And as we support them, so should you. They are a great organization that want some UBA love, so go love them.
3. Bowlerama and South Carolina still love you
As mentioned last week, the UBA bowlers made Bowlerama (in the Northeast) and Rock Hill (in the Southeast) their home for the weekend. People from bith houses wanted me to tell you that your presence is much appreciated, so thanks again. And a reminder on Bowlerama rates: They will be open on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 8pm. There’s fresh oil laid out every morning, and yes, the bar IS open (and food). Lanes are first come, first serve (and the lanes have sold out earlier on this week, so get here earlier than later). The cost is $15 per person for 2 hours, and $50 if there’s more than 3 people (savings!) The address is 3031 New Castle Ave, New Castle, DE 19720 and their number is (302) 654-0263
4. Nothing in NJ or NC this week
Part of the reason why I’m talking those states is because Jersey and North Carolina aren’t up…yet. Could they be open by the July 4th Holiday Weekend? A lot of people are hoping so…
5. Did somebody mention Battle Bowl?
I’ll just say to check this space on Monday. Tee hee hee hee hee hee….